Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hafner's

Hafner's Tavern is located on Taft Road in North Syracuse. While taverns are not known for margaritas, we gave it a shot since this local hangout is usually crowded. Special thanks to Sonya for taking notes and, more importantly, buying the drinks!

Angela gives this margarita 1 out of 10 lime wedges.


Oh dear. This margarita was a disaster. I first considered giving this margarita a 4/10 lime wedges, mainly for the heavy pour of tequila, albeit cheap tequila. But considering whether I'd ever order a margarita from Hafner's again, the answer is an iron clad NO. This margarita tasted like a lemon-lime jolly rancher. It was so sweet, I was concerned my teeth might rot. What did the lovely breasted bartender put in it from the soda dispenser??? Lemonade!!! But not real lemonade. No doubt it was Minute Maid type lemon flavored sugar water. That stuff is like poison and just plain gross. Terrible terrible terrible. That is all.

WARNING: Hafner's margaritas may cause pucker face!



Courtney gives this margarita 3.5 out of 10 lime wedges.

"Wow.... this was a disappointment. As a northern 'burb native, Hafner's has become one of my favorite spots for a great meal and a few beers. Apparently that's what I should keep going for, because this margarita was tough to drink and even tougher to finish. It was like drinking a sweet-tart, which a 19 year old sorority girl might enjoy but not margarita elitists like Angela and myself. Watching the (young, cute, scantily clad...I add for those readers that would enjoy a margarita more based on who made it) bartender make this drink caused our jaws to drop with every move she made. 'Is that lime juice from concentrate? Montezuma's tequila?! Where did she learn how to salt a rim...it's just globbed on in a couple spots!! Oh my...what is....LEMONADE?! Did she really just add lemonade?!?' To top it off: $5 a drink. I can add some points to a margarita if it is a steal, but a $5 margarita should be more than cheap tequila and lemonade consumed in a dark bar while being hit on by men not deterred by my wedding ring. I definitely learned my lesson, and the next time I go to Hafner's it will be for good pub food and a pint."

No comments:

Post a Comment