Monday, June 8, 2009

Mulley's

Courtney gives this margarita 5 out of 10 lime (not lemon) wedges.


I'm beginning to see a recurring theme with pubs and margaritas...they do not go hand in hand. Shocking, I know. Mulley's did have a couple things working in it's favor- mostly a generous portion and a quiet courtyard with strings of lights overhead that felt very appropriate while enjoying a margarita (this definitely gave them an extra point in my book- these were the only things Phoebe's was lacking!). Taste was lacking...from the start it tasted like the bottom of a drink when all the ice had melted. That being said, it wasn't bad, just not that good either. There was no salt, and as you know this is a grave sin in my book. Finally, it was garnished with a lemon wedge. We snooped a bit in our state of shock, and saw the cut limes that the bartender passed to use a lemon- who does that?!

Angela gives this margarita 4 out of 10 lime wedges.

After a few hours strolling through the Taste of Syracuse event downtown, and rockin' to an 80's cover band of old men with long hair, tight clothes, and missing teeth, what could top the evening off better than a nice, cold margarita at Mulley's Irish Pub? That's exactly what you where thinking too, I'm sure. I find Mulley's outdoor courtyard its most attractive feature, much more than the Mulley's margarita. First, the technicalities. Salt was not an option. Frozen was also not an option, but I give no demerits for that. And the garnish - a LEMON wedge. Can anyone explain this to me? And the LIME wedges were right next to the lemon wedges. After a breif moment of paralysis, we took a huge glass of something that had the color of maragrita to the courtyard. The taste was flat and boring, not one to savor, but I can't say it was terrible either. It was not too sweet or too sour, but just too weak and uninteresting. It reminded me of drinking a lemon-lime gatorade.

No comments:

Post a Comment